- Bidding in Ninth Annual ARRL On-Line Auction Ends on Thursday, October 30 October 30, 2014
- Kentucky Historical Society Honors Former ARRL Director October 30, 2014
- Hawaii ARES Volunteers Firming Up Plans for Possible Lava Flow Activation October 30, 2014
- Satellites Carrying Amateur Radio Payloads Among Those Lost in Launch Explosion October 30, 2014
- Webcast to Feature Arduino for Ham Radio Author Glen Popiel, KW5GP October 30, 2014
- Mirage, KLM Co-Founder Kenneth E. Holladay, K6HCP, SK October 30, 2014
We will be meting at Red Top Mountain Picnic Shelter #5 for the October Meeting.
Please join us for a cookout and fellowship with your fellow members. Bring a radio and antenna or just show up for the fun. The club will provide a meat and drinks. Please bring a side or a dessert to help out. There is a play ground close to the picnic area so if you have kids that would like to come bring them. There is a $5 dollar fee per car to park at the park. Restrooms are very close to the picnic area too. There is limited power so plan on battery power if you have it. This will be a great time to practice your ARES / RACES skills.
We will also provide the monthly ARRL testing at that location for anyone wanting to upgrade or take their exam for a license.
Take Red Top Mountain Rd Se to Red Top Beach Rd. Proceed to Picnic Shelter number 5.
The next CARS meeting is Saturday Sept 13th at 10am at the William G Long Senior Center.
All are welcome.
See the post below about the Ham Cram.
Do you want to get started in Amateur Radio? Then the CARS Technician Ham Cram is the answer! Our next cram overview session will be held on Saturday, September 13, from 8AM until 1PM at the William G. Long Senior Center in Woodstock. Testing follows at 2PM. There is some outside study time involved, so in order to participate you must sign up by August 31.
Space is limited! Contact Ken McIntire for information and registration.
At the William G. Long Senior Center. Click on ‘Meetings’ above for directions.
All welcome. Come find out what presentation Frank has in store for us this month. We know it will be very interesting.
The meeting location for July 12th changed to the EOC for July
150 Chattin Drive
Canton, GA 30115
Talk-in on 145.430 and 145.270. If you get there late, call on the radio for building access.
Followup on Field Day activities —
VE Testing will still be held at the William G. Long Senior Center at 2pm
Click on ‘Meetings’ above for directions for testing.